Tag

relocate

Relocating To — and From — the Twin Cities

Crying Twice For whatever reason, I’m working with a disproportionately large number of clients this Spring either moving to the Twin Cities — or relocating elsewhere — for new jobs. Which has given me the opportunity to relate an observation I heard while moving furniture in college a long time ago:  “Minneapolis is the kind...
Read More

Relocating the Laundry (Usually, Up)

The Reason to Put the Laundry (Back) in the Basement I just met a client’s plumber, who quoted the cost to move a basement laundry to the first floor in a “For Sale” home my client is considering. According to the plumber, that’s the direction of the move 90% of the time. The other 10%?...
Read More

“Do You Know Someone Moving to Denver? Refer Me, and Get a Bonus!”

“You Know a Housing Market’s Hot When . . .” I’ll occasionally get marketing pieces from agents active in Scottsdale, Florida, or other warm spots Minnesotans are known to congregate, especially in the (very) cold winter months. But, I don’t recall getting a pitch from someone based in Denver, soliciting referrals, like the one I got...
Read More

Waiting to Do the Walk-thru Inspection — or Not Doing it at All

Moot Unless Something’s Happened to the Home It’s not what I recommend to my Buyer clients, but there are plenty of Buyers who put off doing their walk-thru inspection until just before closing. Like, on the way. At least in theory, the Owner has an ongoing duty to update their Seller’s Disclosure up to and...
Read More

Archives