Clients Who Drive Realtors Crazy
Every Realtor has had them (myself excluded, of course).
The Buyer who doesn’t know what they want . . . and wants you to help them find it.
Here are the top 10 signs that you may have such a Buyer on your hands:
10. They will consider everything — literally. As in, everything between Wisconsin and South Dakota, between $100k and $3 million.
9. They will consider (practically) nothing: it’s got to be a 5 Bedroom Colonial, built between 1935 and 1940, with at least 3 fireplaces, a walkout lower level, and a first-floor office. On a lot that’s at least .3 acre. Close in. For under $500k.
8. Per #10, they haven’t talked to a lender, and have no idea how much they qualify to borrow.
7. You’re their 4th Realtor.
6. You know the other 3 Realtors, and they’re all experienced and good.
5. When you show them houses, they focus on the owner’s artwork, furniture, or wine collection.
4. They’ve already been looking for 2 years, and have no discernible timetable.
3. They’ve already seen more than 40 homes.
2. None of their criteria ever stick: first, they want to see $300k Minnetonka townhomes; then Edina Ramblers between $500k and $600k; then downtown condo’s for . . .
1. They say, “we hope we don’t drive you crazy.”
Yes, that’s right: the clients most likely to drive you crazy will actually tell you — usually, soon after meeting you.
Forewarned is forearmed.